BUT I must dispute... there is this amazing tortilla recipe that replaces corn. I love corn. Heck, I grew up in Colorado, meaning I ate Mexican food a LOT. And don't get me started on polenta. But unfortunately, corn is inflammatory for me as I learned a few years ago after my cancer treatments. I came across this recipe from Dr. Axe a few years ago. I have been hooked since then and making them on a regular basis. I do use yellow squash instead of zucchini which works quite well. I tell you... those tortillas are so orgasmic (pun intended!). I have yet to meet any guest of mine who does not go "ohh ahhh!!!" after eating them.
I use a 1/4-cup measuring cup instead of an ice cream scoop to flatten them. I usually make just what I need for a meal and keep the batter in refrigerator. I also discovered that the batter freezes quite well. I use those tortillas for many things. Those tortillas are delicious with everything but here's a list of my favorite tacos:
- Egg/avocado
- Beet, mushroom, scallion mix with yogurt-feta dressing
- Salmon with mango salsa
- Crispy chicken tacos
By all means, please try this recipe in your kitchen in the near future and let me know how it turns out for you! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment