I am back in my own chem lab again. Always GREAT to return so I can cook my own food. Eating out so often can get exhausting after a while.
I managed to smuggle some spaetzle and delicious chocolates back home to extend my Viennese experience. I plan on sharing those with my local loved ones so... if you live far away from me, please do take the pleasure in visualizing yourself eating those things. I will need to learn how to make semmel-knodels (dumplings) and spaetzle. If I could make my own pasta, I am pretty sure making spaetzle will be a breeze. Perhaps I could experiment with different variations, other than spinach spaetzle.
On Thursday, I cooked lunch for the two wonderful hostesses. Luckily, I had purchased the right ingredients even though some items were boxed with unclear pictures and words that I could not find in my German food dictionary. No one died from my cooking effort using German ingredients. It turned out to be a GREAT lunch. It was soup with dumplings.
The ultimate search during my week in Austria was for the BEST chocolate dessert. And I found that in the "Schokozauber" at the Cafe Central. This translates into "Chocolate Magic". I wholeheartedly agree with this description. It was like I was under a magic spell while savoring each bite of this amazing dessert. I was sad that I found this magic on my LAST day in Vienna. Some people say that a bit of magic is good. I suppose that could mean too much magic can be too much? :-) What exactly is this magic? I am not sure... it tasted like chocolate mousse / creme brulee/ hazelnut praline combined into something spectacular and covered with dark chocolate ganache, topped with a golden leaf. The magic shall remain with me a bit longer for the sheer pleasure of nostalgia!
Thank you, Vienna, for sharing the magic with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment