I woke up this morning, realizing that I am a morning person for life. I woke up an hour before the alarm clock went off at 6:30 AM! I like to set it for 6:30 AM on weekends so I can 'sleep in' but on weekdays, it's set at 5:30 AM. I start working at 6 AM in the comforts of my home. But this morning, my body decided it was a weekday. I was not going to fight it. I knew I wanted to make some waffles to go with my homemade apricot syrup. Or is that peach syrup? I forgot. Ha. People who look at the contents of my freezer wonder how I know what things are because I do not label them. My sharp memory has served me well for the most part but once in a while it's like rediscovering a forgotten treasure. That, in itself, is an adventure. Perhaps as I grow older, I should consider labels. For now, I am content.
A great blessing in life is having a friend who is ALSO a morning person! I paged her to see if she wanted to come for breakfast and then hopefully a walk if this rain lets up! She was up at 5:30 AM as well! Yay. It is now 6:30 AM and she'll be over at 7 AM!
While making the waffle batter, I realized I did not have enough baking powder. Dang! Alas, Google came to the rescue. From time to time, I affectionately call my kitchen my chem lab. I knew there WAS a formula out there available to be used as a substitution for the 2 remaining teaspoons of baking powder that I needed. http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/BakingPowder.htm. I had cream of tartar and baking soda. Yipee. :-) I love it when things work out easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment